RE: [Epic] Net Epic

From: John <slaann_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 19:10:55 -0600

----------
From: Keith Zanardi[SMTP:xenofobe_at_...]
Sent: Monday, February 17, 1997 10:00 AM
To: space-marine_at_...
Subject: Re: [Epic] Net Epic

At 10:17 AM 2/17/97 +0000, you wrote:
>REMINDER
>
>THIS WEEKS TOPIC IS THE COMBAT PHASE
>
>MAINLY:CLOSE COMBAT AND THE PINNING RULES
>

>Up to now the opinion with more support is to keep the present pinning
>rules with the addition of skimmer pins skimmer.
>
>Also we need more opinions on how to resolve large close combats where
>one oponnent out numbers the other(the present way is confusing to
>some).

 OK situation: A Warlord titan on FF orders, is cc by 10 infantry stands.
The titan gets
     some help from the aid of 10 bikes. Now in this situation, the Player
with the titan
     outnumbers the attacker. It still has to fire it's FF shots but CAN'T
fire at the
    attacking infantry because they are ALSO in CC with the bikes.

First off, If a titan cannot be pinned by anything but a titan why should it have to fire its weaponry at grease spots tickling its toes.

Finally if the titan is on charge orders, it WILL crush anyone that is
in it's path
    roll a D6 for each stand in it's path, on a 3456, the stand is killed on
a roll of a
    one, as above.
   I hope that this will help in resolving those "sticky" situations
involving large
   amounts of stands with a titan involved.

                                                        Keith
Again the old rules at the beginning of Space Marine/Adeptus Mech. Titans did not have to try and kill infantry/vehicles it moved over. Anything a titan moved over was crushed by the titan... no save period. So if you set wrong and had your titans behind lesser troops you had a sacrificial choice to make... annihilate your forces by moving your "trapped" titan or sacrifice your titans move and just fire.

Food for thought. Instead of dreaming up new epic rules why not first consult the existing resources and go from there.

jd