Re: [Epic] My Database, AGAIN

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 10:21:57 -0500

Stephen Sheldon wrote:

> > Do you mean detachment types, like in the armies book. Or do you mean
> > actually built detachments?
> >
> Actually built detachments, I want to create a resource of good, solid,
> dead hard detachments for all races to compile for reference. Pool our
> knowledge as it were.

Here's the last army I used, a 2000 pt cultist force (from memory):

Stolen Tanks 1

  Coven + Demagogue + Magus
  5 Cultist stands
  3 Chimeras
  3 Leman Russes

Stolen Tanks 2

  same as above

Stolen Guns

  Coven + Demagogue + Magus
  5 Beastmen Champ stands (would have used cultists but I only have
    10 stands of them)
  5 Support Platforms
  3 Hydras

Daemons of Khorne

  Bloodthirster
  10 Flesh Hounds

Daemons of Tzeentch

  Lord of Change
  5 Flamers
  5 Horrors

Daemons That Like To Walk

  5 Horrors
  5 Bloodletters

Contagions

  6 Contagions

Flyers

  3 Doomwings

LoB 1

  Lord of Battles with Death Storm and Chain Fist

LoB 2

  Lord of Battles with Death Storm and Doom Burner

I think that's it... I could have the Coven stuff wrong tho (I
don't remember if I put a Demagogue and Magus in every one or
not). The all-Khorne daemon detachment is a no-brainer and an
old standby; sometimes I use a LoC to lead it and stick my 5
flamers in there.

        I should also mention that I feel this army is somewhat
cheesy with the number of Contagions, as I believe disrupt arty
is overly powerful (not that it mattered in the battle I used
these guys in, since I was facing 6 Night Spinners in the
opposing army). This army is also more daemon-heavy than my
usual force; but they're more neccessary when you don't have
access to the chaos marine stuff. The only weak detachment in
my mind is the Tzeentch one, which is slowed down by the Horrors.
The reason for that is simply models - I wanted to use the LoC
but I only have 5 Flamers, and I felt I needed to beef up the
detachments with some more warm (err... warp) bodies.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"All good people are asleep and dreaming"