Re: [Epic] Pods and Hawks

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 18:57:01 -0700

> 2) Firepower. This is the big one for me. Three THawks will lay down
> three blast markers on the detachment that their cargo will be
> targetting/engaging as the THawks drop off their cargo. If I'm going
> to be assaulting something in the enemy rear, these extra three Blast
> Markers are quite handy. Note that these markers are in addition to
> any your troops themsleves will lay down when they fire if the shooting
> phase.

Actually, fliers on transport orders halve their FP if they were carrying troops
(pg46 and 47 of main rules). So you only get 1 BM. However, if you cordinate your
non-laden T-hawks with a pod drop, you get the 3 BM and have fewer fears of flak and
interceptors killing your ground troops before they are deployed.

Thane