Re: [Epic] lurker

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 23:25:45 -0700

J. Michael Looney wrote:

> Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:
>
> > Poor old Sauron is in a difficult position. If he lets you know what he
> > knows, he violates all sorts of privacy laws, though probably not
> > security regs. A few hints is all that's permitted, and even then, too
> > many is not wise.
> >
> > Without going into details, I once had a number of very gruelling
> > sessions with the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation, and
> > that was because of some e-mail I'd _received_ not sent. And no, it
> > was on a completely different backbone, not the Internet as such, nothing
> > to do with Sauron.
> >
> > So please don't call his bluff, as I have reason to believe he's not
> > bluffing. Fortunately I'm no longer working in any Classy area,
> > otherwise I wouldn't even post this much.
>
> Let me ditto that. Back in my ADA days I got to spend some VERY weird
> hours explaining why I wanted to bring a C-64 onto our site. It seems
> the battalion security officer had seen Wargames one to many times and
> was convineced that I would start WWIII with it.
>
> Did NOT belive that all I wanted to do was put our parts list on to
> disk, so our PLL clerk could have a chance at getting both the paper
> work AND his job done AND get some sleep.

In fact, I haven't heard from sauron all day. This whole line may have
got him stuck in a room with 5 humorless guys in black suits, shining
lights in his eyes and not letting him use the bathroom. . . actually,
it's kinda funny when you think about it that way. Hey Sauron, thanks
for getting those diagrams of the ebola bioreactor. My brother is SURE
to win the science fair this year.

Thane