Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: <oki_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 11:50:15 +0800

At 10:39 PM 2/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
>"oki_at_..." <oki@...> writes:
>> >

> I believe that facing an army with many T-hawks makes for a
>ridiculous game. In the battle report I saw, Chad?, the Tyranid
>player, played as near to a perfect game that I could see, and had
>many important die rolls go his way (initiative, for starters). He
>almost managed a draw against the all T-hawk army.

Is it the legendary Tyranid (Dominatrices) vs SM (ThunderHawk) slug-out ?
Does anyone still have that battle report(s) ? I sure would like to take a
look at it.

>> I realised I mentioned before about not fiddling around with the point cost
>> system, but in this case (THawk) many seems to think that THawk are
>> under-priced, if you used it in the following manner:
>
> The bottom line is that there are serious problems with the
>T-hawk as written. All Aaron is stating is that placing a restriction
>on the kinds of forces you can field is not the correct way to fix
>this problem. Changing the unit's abilities or cost is a preferred
>method, as you mention.
>
>Mark

Perhaps Peter can start another thread simultaneously with this one (I think
we are a bit off-track), which address the point issues or capabilities of
the units. I know there is two Ork vehicles with same points but totally
different CAF.

Regards
Oki