[Epic] Leman Russ models (was trivia quiz 7&8 answers)

From: <CLL_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 11:42:40 +0000

> Question 8: How many (different) old Leman Russ models are in
existence? > (Do not count the W40k primarch. Or count him if you
really want to.) epic only:
MK1, MK2, normal MK3, MK3 command and (MK3) Leman Russ recovery Tank.
(Has anyone ever actually seen the last one?

I've got 3 of them. They have a massive dozer blade on them with no
hull mounted lascannon, and a turret which has a crane on the back
and a short barrelled gun - which looks very similar to the Melta
Cannon on one of the Knight models (Can't remember the name, short
range one with the powerfist).They were only in one UK White Dwarf
Mail order section, 187 or therabouts.
Being a diehard SM/TL player I intend to use them as Recovery
Vehicles - sort of Techmarines for the IG/TG, or eventually in the
form of an armoured Engineer detachment along the lines of the E40K
units proposed on this list now and again.
  There was also another Leman Russ variant that was available as a
pre-release just as SM/TL was being dropped, these were similar to
the Mk 3s put included camo nets and stores on them, in a similar way
to the E40K variants, except that they were 2 piece models (hull and
turret) - I don't have any myself but a friend of mine who actually
worked for GW here in the UK for a while has a company or so of them.
  He also has some Marine air defence vehicles which were never
released. They have the same hull as the Razorback\Whirlwind Mk 2 TL
release but with a turret similar to the IG Chimerax with what looks
like 4 autocannon mounted (2 either side).

Krass