Re: [Epic] 2000pt 'ideal' IG Army

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 11:00:55 -0600

Aaron wrote:

> J. Michael Looney wrote:
> >
> > > I got burned once, because you can't support unless some of your units
> > > are touched, I had a bunch of HH just sitting there, watching their
> > > buddies die. A clever (or cheesy) opponent can screw you by charging
> > > your flanks. Besides, I saved 25 points buy joining them anyway.
> >
> > Oh, he is CHEESY... He used TACTICS on me. Damn that not how your
> > supposed to play the game. Your just supposed to "get stuck in".
> >

> Give me a break. I was refering to those (and you know who you are) who
> forget/re-interpret rules whenever it will give them an advantage.

I should have pseudo-htmled that with <young cheese-monger-WH40K
player>. I really did see some one make more or less that statement in
a WH40K game. Was one of the "the whole point of the game is to design
a army, then charge across the board in a line" sort of players. He was
playing agains a real wargammer who had a plan, fields of fire, reserves
etc.