Re: [Epic] Pods and Hawks

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 16:53:37 -0600

A. Allen McCarley wrote:

> > Yes, I would. As I read the flyer rules, if you don't want them to come
> > on in turn 2, then simply don't bring them. I could be wrong here, but
> > I just read the flyer rules, so I don't think so. What you are doing is
> > bring in things to kill my a/c, but if I don't bring any a/c in you get
> > to land them the next turn. Ah, No.
>
> Well, I'd be perfectly happy to do it your way if such is legal. When
> I've asked Jervis before he's said that you have no choice. When your
> roll says your reserves show up, they show up. No delay is possible.
> I developed my tactic of "loitering" on the presumption that I *had*
> to give my THawks an order. (Maybe I need to reread the flyer rules.)
>
> Just for the record, I am *not* bringing in things to kill your a/c.
> I would never assign full Thawks on intercept orders to actually
> engage enemy aircraft even if you did have aircraft on table that turn.
>
> Side question: Both sides have one squadron of a/c coming onto the table
> on the same turn. Both players give their a/c intercept orders.
> What happens? According to a strict reading of the rules, neither side
> may shoot the other.......

The flyer rules do NOT state that flyers start in reserve. Flyers are
in Core rules. Resevers are in Battle book "per scenario" rules.
Unless the scenario states that flyers start in reserve, they are NOT
required to be in reserve.

On point two, well, they stare at each other....

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus