Re: [Epic] lurker

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 02:25:44 +0100 (MET)

At 06:52 PM 12/3/98 -0700, you wrote:
>My opponent has the cards and was supposed to give me a set today, but he
>didn't. He will also give me a copy of the WD articles for the fire storm
>and Night hawks. Since I am still learning the game I am trying a variety of
>detachments. I have enough jetbikes for a full host, but not enough for two.
>Snap fire is a new rule for me. I would appreciate a basic rundown.

OK, basically snapfire weapons fire in the movement phase if they are on
"First Fire" orders.

This means that as those pesky Thunder Hawks are cruising in to unload their
cursed marines, you can shot them out of the sky!

You cannot pop up and then snapfire, so the Firestorms have to be positioned
reasonably carefully to shoot Rhinos, but since THawks get no cover from
anything on the board, they are always a target if they are in range...

Of course you are not limited to shooting troop thansports, anything ion
your line of fire is a valid target - IN THE MOVEMENT PHASE if you want!

If you fielded ten of these things, you could conceivably burn every unit
that the marines have on FF in the movement phase (before they can shoot),
and then decimate any units remaining that could shoot in Advance with your
falcons popping up (before THOSE units can shoot) and then use you infantry
(which would have advanced) to clean up any units that the marines had on
charge...

(Of course fielding 10 of something is always cheesy - I subscribe to the
rule of threes - "No more than three of anything" - but three snapfire
weapons are still no small threat...

Agro