Re: [Epic] Newer Epic Stands

From: <anvil_at_...>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 20:43:04 -0500

Thane Morgan wrote:

> Steve Coleman wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know where to find the newer style epic stands? I would like to
> > convert some older guys.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Steve
>
> It's been posted on this list that you can buy the stand sprues from GW
> Mailorder for a mere $1 per sprue. You may want to try some of the
> historicals web-pages, as I think you can buy 1x4 metal stands for a LOT
> less.
>
> Thane
I use 0.040 plastic sheet from Evergreen Scale Models. It is 11"x14" and
costs less than $2.00 a sheet. I cut it with tin snips (sheet metal
shears) into 1cm x 4cm strips and glue the infantry to it. This is also
the same stuff I put my bike units on. I'm sure some enterprising list
member will be glad to tell you how many stands one sheet makes.

anvil