Re: [Epic] Re: (OT) Heinlein's Style (was Modelling an Entire Chapter)

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 21:39:28 -0700

pentacle_at_... wrote:

> At 11:43 AM 3/14/98 -0700, you wrote:
> >>
> >> Hover Truck
> >> speed 40 range N/A fp 0 ass 0 armor 4+ Special Transport 1 Concider
> >> Civilian Vehicle
> >>
> >> 1 unit is made up of 3 models (like bikes) costs 5 to mount a squad of
> >> marines in two unit of hover trucks.
> >
> >So a hover truck carries 1 or 2 people?. Are these these like jet bikes,
> or like
> >the little platforms Jonny Quest always rode around on?
>
> No, three men per truck, four in the third truck. Rest of trucks filled
> with detachment ammo, food, etc. And they have to be light to maintain
> speed. They are army support vehicles, just a little cheaper the rhinos,
> and more general purpose. Maybe add the ability to hold two stands of
> civies per unit.
>
> Aerich Frodoson

FOOD AND AMMO????? What place have these on a modern battlefield? Next
you'll be suggesting we put flaps on Space Marine armor so they can use
the bathroom, or (gasp) camoflage.

Thane

By the way, I heard a funny joke tonight. A guy at a game store here
told me that he had played all of GW games except EPIC (which he will
never do, thank god), and 40K used fewer "actual" rules than any of the
other games. Sadly, so many comments came to mind that my brain froze
up, completely blowing the chance for some good sarcasm. The really
funny part was that he was hovering over a game that he wasn't even
involved in, dispensening (sometimes incorrect) judgements on the
legality of the two players' moves every other minute.