Re: [Epic] Land Raiders

From: <pentacle_at_...>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 05:52:32 -0500

At 03:19 AM 3/15/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Uhh....What were they thinking.
>
>Comparing Land Raider to ANY other unit is a joke. They are so overpowered.
>Maybe I am misinterpreting the rules, but the ability to pick ANY target,
>one at a time and kill it on a 4+, then do it again seems to good for 35
>pts.
>
>Anybody have any anti-Land Raider tactics besides employing Land Raiders of
>your own and winning the shooting initiative?
>
>Are there any house rules to fix Raiders or does my strategy need to involve
>tip-toeing around these units?
>
>Steve

Since they fire on the shooting phase I just assumed that they went by the
same rule. Pick a detachment and fire into them. When assigning hits,
closest units first until all in range units are hit then start over. Also
I use a rule that AT attacks are effected by blast markers same as any
other kind of attack.

                Aerich Frodoson
        "It has come to the attension of management that people in general
         actually care. In view of this shift of opinion, we are going
         to do a better job of concealing what we are actually doing"