Re: [Epic] Land Raiders

From: <pentacle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 00:56:58 -0500

> SteveThe most vital thing is to not allow them to go on overwatch. That
means
>don't ever move into their field of fire, make them come to you,
>preferably while you are on overwatch. This of course demands decent
>terrain, so you can stay out of the way. A big LR detat takes up a lot
>of points, so your opponent will probably persue instead of letting 20%
>of his army do nothing.
>
>Lots of Disrupts are good against LR's; both to suppress AT shots and to
>keep the unit immobile until you are ready to deal with it.
>
>Try to set up assaults. Use 2 assault w/JP (calvary may work) detats
>which can stay behind cover until its time. Make sure they both have
>librarians. Take three (with librarians) if you've got the points. You
>can usually lose 2 assault units to every LR killed and still come out
>ahead.
>
>Bikes may work too, but I haven't tried it. The odds won't be as good,
>but since they are really cheap, you can lose 3 bikes to 1 LR and still
>come out ahead.
>
>Another thing I haven't tried (because I don't have armies with cheap
>troops) is to just flood the area with lots of cheap troops. you can get
>5 gaurdsmen/orks for every LR (10 LR's is the same as 50 gaurdsmen!),
>and these targets are innefficient to shoot with AT shots (since its the
>same or better needed to hit). Again, I dont know if this will work, but
>it should be fun.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Thane

I like to try to take advange of their slow speed. At a 20 move they are
limited to how well they get around. Also flyers would be good
anit-landraider weapons.

                Aerich Frodoson
        "It has come to the attension of management that people in general
         actually care. In view of this shift of opinion, we are going
         to do a better job of concealing what we are actually doing"