[Epic] Net Epic

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 23:26:27 -0600 (CST)

While I am in favour of making Titans stronger, I don't think I like the
current idea of using AT rules (anything in CC auto dies, but on a 6 on d6
it inflicts a hit). That has the potential to make Titans even weaker than
they are now, with a single tactical detachment having a good chance of
crippling them. In addition, this system doesn't account for the fact that
some infantry would be much better at this than others, ie Exarchs vs.
guardians trying to CC a titan.

I also do not favour increasing the point cost of a unit to reflect its
relative rarity. While that may be more realistic, that is just another way
to make a weapon so bad that no one would ever want to use it. Frex,
currently all the one shot missiles are approximately equal in strength.
However, if we were to make the Vortex missile cost more just because its
supposed to be rarer, how often do you think you'd ever see it on the battle
field again? Instead, I favour the, "let's put the rarity in background and
make suggestions about not taking too many but you can if you really, really
want to," option.

Mike the Liu