Re: [Epic] Land Raiders

From: Olcglas <Olcglas_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 21:52:06 EST

RE: LRs in units:

When I trot out my Nova Fists army, I generally sprinkle 1-3 LRs into each
mechanised infantry detachment. They match the speed of a Rhino that's hauling
troops.

Nobody has seemed to think that LRs are cheesy when used in this role. The
Units that cause outcry are things like "16 Land Raiders with 4 Predators to
suck up Blast markers" - and these are the detachments which die horribly to
the anti-LR tactics various people have put forth.

The Land Raider *is* damned handy, but like many handy E40K troops, they
actually get worse when you try to max out on them. LRs are at their best when
used in a mixed force with plenty of infantry and medium armour support.