Re: [Epic] (Off Topic) Quake 2

From: Doug Veal <dougv_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 21:23:35 +1000

At 20:26 16/03/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Here's the deal with Quake 40k. They have the thing pretty much done. But
Games
>Workshop wants the designer to pay royalties (fargin iceholes that they are),
>which means he has to release it as shareware instead of just putting it
out on

Normally I wouldn't comment so much on this but I feel compelled to in this
case.

I get as annoyed at GW as the next person over their strange marketing
tactics and their incessant price rises but I have to wonder why you think
that they are so bad for defending their products? Like it or not, Space
Marines, Eldar, etc, the whole lot, all belong to GW. They have already
signed exclusive deals with computer games publishers who could sue the
pants off them if they say yes to him. Why do you think they are so bad for
doing this?

Sorry but I just had to ask...

Doug Veal

dougv_at_...