[Epic] RR Captains

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 14:09:39 -0600

I began painting some Rough Riders this weekend and began looking at
old Dwrafs etc. for examples. Interestingly enough, the only example
Rough Rider detachment for E40K in White Dwarf, the "official"
magazine for the GW hobby, is illegal! In WD 216(?) there is featured
a battle between Warwick's IG and Andy Kettlewell's Eldar. Warwick
shows his RR detachment, and even shows the detachment sheet he
has designed and priced it with. The problem is that he paid for
and gave his RR's a captain, and even converted one of his miniatures
to look like a captain. Too bad the army book specifically states
that you may not upgrade RR command sections to captains.

While I'm on the subject of painting (or was I complaining about
illegal detachments being used in studio armies?) I need some
inspiration for my Leviathans. I've got six of the things,
and use them from time to time, but have never painted any of
them because I can't come up with a good scheme. Camo, as I've used
on my IG MBT's would seem pointless on something that is supposed
to be as big as a city block. The Squat schemes I've seen in Space
Marine Battles don't seem in character. Should I go with plain old
battleship grey? How have other people painted Leviathans, and did
you like it when you were done?

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html

Mirrored by J. Michael Looney at:
     http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/allen-mirror/default.html