RE: [Epic] RR Captains

From: Chris Pinson <chrisp_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:04:53 +1030

Greetings,

I feel I need to defend myself....

I was looking for a camo sc=
heme for ages then I stumbled across the desert one by chance. I painted up=
 a few Baneblades (without red weapons) and they looked good. As my Tank fo=
rce grew (before the infantry came out) I realised that I needed a way to i=
dentify commanders. Personally, I hate little flags on the figures since th=
e break off so I came up with red weapons as a visual indicator.

Why red??=
? Well, my force is a combined force of Dark Angels, IG & Titans. The DA's =
all have red trim (weapons, banners etc) and the Titan's weapons are done i=
n red. Using red on the IG made sense to link the army together. IG are mor=
e concerned with camo (after all, how do you hide an Imperator?) so the red=
 isn't as prominent.

So is this realistic ... not by a long shot. Is it pl=
easing to the eye ... very much so. If I get a digital camera I will take a=
 few shots, the colours really do look good together.

Have fun.

> Then w=
hy did you paint the guns in red??? :o)

I didn't. That was somebody else.=
  [checking my email ...] Chris Pinson
has the desert camo with the red gun=
s. I just said there could be a
reason for using camouflage, even on large=
 vehicles.

Not trying to argue or defend, just trying to make sure whateve=
r point I
may have had didn't get lost.