Re: [Epic] Tips on packaging and mailing minis

From: <pentacle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 17:11:40 -0500

At 11:17 AM 3/17/98 -0800, you wrote:

>> I did a trade with a guy in the UK. He mailed on 9 Feb and
>> nothing yet. My experience has been about 6-8 weeks from UK to US
>> "land" i.e. sea mail. IF it weighs more than a pound or so it is
>> quite expensive to ship by air across the Atlantic. Canada is pretty
>> quick except when they are having postal stike. I have never tried
>> "Down Under" ... yet.

Now before I begin I would like to make it clear that this is not an
insult, or the start of a flame war.

Ok, that said...WHO THE HELL STILL USES GROUND MAIL FOR OVERSEAS POST. I
mean really, how much more can it cost to send it airmail, and save weeks
in delivery time. I have lived in Africa and know what slow postage can be.
I got my 11th birthday presents, 7 months after they were sent. But even
then they had sent it to Nigeria airmail, it was the in country postage
that screwed up. Lets get with the times a little and think about the other
guy a little. Send it airmail, or maybe even UPS.

                Aerich Frodoson
        "It has come to the attension of management that people in general
         actually care. In view of this shift of opinion, we are going
         to do a better job of concealing what we are actually doing"