Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 15:58:40 -0800

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> "oki_at_..." <oki@...> writes:

> > > It is *ILLEGAL* to take more than 1 T-hawk for every 1000
> > >points in your army.
> >
> > Unless it is a pure SM army ? Is this OK ? Someone mentioned this before
> > (sorry, could not remember who). SM is basically an extremely rapid
> > deployment army. What if I want to load up my THawk with my Assaults,
> > Tacticals, Devastators, is this unreasonable ? Or is there something else
> > which we can worked out.
>
> I believe that facing an army with many T-hawks makes for a
> ridiculous game. In the battle report I saw, Chad?, the Tyranid
> player, played as near to a perfect game that I could see, and had
> many important die rolls go his way (initiative, for starters). He
> almost managed a draw against the all T-hawk army.

As his opponent, I concur. IMHO Chad Out-generalled me, and certainly
showed me a few tricks with Tyrannids I'd not thought of (which have
been added to my list of tactics when I use them).

> > I realised I mentioned before about not fiddling around with the point cost
> > system, but in this case (THawk) many seems to think that THawk are
> > under-priced, if you used it in the following manner:
>
> The bottom line is that there are serious problems with the
> T-hawk as written. All Aaron is stating is that placing a restriction
> on the kinds of forces you can field is not the correct way to fix
> this problem. Changing the unit's abilities or cost is a preferred
> method, as you mention.

I would suggest a cost of 50 pts if replacing Land Raiders, 100 pts if
replacing Rhinos, and 150 pts if replacing nothing. This seems to
balance things.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture