Re: [Epic] Land Raiders

From: Matthew Weyna <burb96_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 18:21:40 -0600

Thane Morgan wrote:

> pentacle_at_... wrote:
> >
> > >-LR columns are vulnerable to arty, airstrikes and disrupt weapons *unless*
> > >they have Predators or other troops out in front.
<snip>

 I wasnt going to get involved, I have been rather buzy, but this
Anti-asasult myth is kind of odd in my situation. When playing against
Orks, I have found that one of my core detachments- 10 LRs and 9 attack
bikes is wonderful overall. It has 20 AT shots, 18 FP, and can soak up a
lot of BM's annd still get off the AT shots. And on assault, the lack of
Barage weapons makes LR in support fully feasable. 9+10 Assult value
isnt too shabby, when you can dump 9FP and 10AT into the unit in the
firing phase to "soften them up". I fully realize that quite a few on
the list prefer small detachments, while all I have seen of them is that
they die quite quickly-hence Brave and Stupid (Mike you can take that
one if their are questions- they only seem to aid you..).

 Just my 2 cents

Matthew Weyna