Re: [Epic] General painting stuff

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 10:33:32 -0500

> I am just getting started in E40K (by way of Final Liberation, which seems
> to be the reverse of usual). I am thinking of creating a new clan of orks,
> for my personal amusement. Anyway, my question is, as it relates to
> Battlewagons (I found the E41K page helpful with regards to Battlewagons),
> does anyone create their own stencils? Say, with a bit of thin plastic and
> an knife? This seems to be a lot easier, and less frustrating, than
> painting on individual symbols.
>
> Thank you,
> Brian Thomas

  I tried stenciling on 28mm scale (Or whatever) and I always found that however
small I though I was making the stencil, it was still too big for the miniature
(Space Marine Shoulder pad actually)

It probably takes practice, and getting over that belief that I beleave (Allow
myself to introduce myself) most people who read WD has, that the miniature is
bigger then it is. A terrific paint job is designed by means of highlighting and
shading to make the miniature look big, and unless I am holding it in my hand or
next to something for scale, my mind make it bigger

Get over that, and you could probably make good stencils. I just paint my
symbols on.

Tyler
Talk about a blah paragraph