Re: [Epic] (Off Topic) Quake 2

From: Luca Fazio <luca_fazio_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 21:53:54 +0000

On 17 Mar 98 at 20:30, Thane Morgan wrote:

> I'd have way more sympathy for GW's case if they didn't play so close to the
> edge of copyright infringement themselves. Tyrannids look like complete
> Alien/Predator rip-offs; elves are clearly Tolkien elves, even having the two
> branches from the simarillian for High Elves and the "Wood" elves of Lor(i)en.
> The concept of space marines has been around since the forties, their emblems
> are generic enough that anyone could use them.

Well the Eagle with two heads is actually the albanian flag... maybe albanian
government will consider to sue GW for using its national flag without
copyright agreement !!!

It is funny, we was playing in my club some weeks ago and there were four
visiting people hanging around our tables.
In the middle of a Wh40k heavy fighting one of them, pointing to my Leman Russ
squadron with several imperial eagles on tanks, said:
"Hey which army are you playing ?? space albanian ???"
We soon started to laugh !

Btw it is not a racist assault versus the poor albanian people.

Ciao,
Ciao,

Luca Fazio

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/2085/

Please reply to luca_fazio_at_... address only, I have problem with my mail service !! Thank you !