Re: [Epic] (Off Topic) Quake 2

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 20:26:13 +1000

Luca Fazio wrote:

> Well the Eagle with two heads is actually the albanian flag... maybe albanian
> government will consider to sue GW for using its national flag without
> copyright agreement !!!

The Two-Headed Eagle is the traditional symbol of the Hapsburgs, who
ruled a large part of Europe in "The Holy Roman Empire" for many
centuries. This is where Albania got her flag from.

> In the middle of a Wh40k heavy fighting one of them, pointing to my Leman Russ
> squadron with several imperial eagles on tanks, said:
> "Hey which army are you playing ?? space albanian ???"
> We soon started to laugh !

I thought that remark was rather witty....

> Btw it is not a racist assault versus the poor albanian people.

Yes, Italy has -or had - a "Boat People" problem of many Albanians
flocking to Italy as refugees. Hopefully the problem is less now than it
was.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo