Re: [Epic] RR Captains

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 19:10:13 -0700

Max Maynard-Maloney wrote:

> > Why red??? Well, my force is a combined force of Dark Angels, IG &
> > Titans. The DA's all have red trim (weapons, banners etc) and the
> > Titan's weapons are done in red. Using red on the IG made sense to link
> > the army together. IG are more concerned with camo (after all, how do
> > you hide an Imperator?) so the red isn't as prominent.
> >
> You have unknowingly slipped into the official GW theme. According to the
> (WH40K) Codex Imperial Guard, command tanks are identified by red turrets.
> So you might have three groups of 3 Leman Russ each led by a 10th Leman
> Russ with a bright red turret! Or a bright red Basilisk main gun for
> leading a artillery company.
> Is it plain red, or a nice series of target rings? No wonder comissars
wear black and have to shoot those who run away!

"Sergeant Jones! Why are you crying in front of your men?!"

"I had an affair with the generals wife and he promoted me to captain.
. . THEY'RE REPAINTING MY CHIMERA NOW!!!!!"

Actually, remember that Brits made the game and fluff. They REALLY like
red uniforms for some reason, which is ok so long as your enemies cannot
fire back....

Thane