RE: [Epic] RR Captains

From: Max Maynard-Maloney <dormammu_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 16:03:33 -0800 (PST)

> Why red??? Well, my force is a combined force of Dark Angels, IG &
> Titans. The DA's all have red trim (weapons, banners etc) and the
> Titan's weapons are done in red. Using red on the IG made sense to link
> the army together. IG are more concerned with camo (after all, how do
> you hide an Imperator?) so the red isn't as prominent.

You have unknowingly slipped into the official GW theme. According to the
(WH40K) Codex Imperial Guard, command tanks are identified by red turrets.
So you might have three groups of 3 Leman Russ each led by a 10th Leman
Russ with a bright red turret! Or a bright red Basilisk main gun for
leading a artillery company.

Max

"Run, humans! Run for your sweaty lives! Run till you hearts burst and
your lungs collapse! You cannot run away from ME! Everything that is,
IS MINE!" --the dread Dormammu, Doctor Strange #9