Re: [Epic] Epic Plastic Sprues

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:16:51 -0800 (PST)

> ---------> Imagine that - a 30-40$ (US) miniature isn't selling that
> well. I will say that a decent tank model in the local hobby shop is
> going for about this same price and is roughly the same size, but is
> also a lot more detailed and comes with more stuff in the box. If tanks
> were cheaper, I'd probably have more. It was similar even with the
> metals: Dreads used to be 12$, I had two. Now they're 35$ and I have
> none. I imagine the reasoning is that most players will only want one ,
> maybe two for their armies, so they might as well make a bit more money
> off of them, but the plastics should be no surprise either.
>
> Also, I notice the new Bloodthirster will be out soon - for $45 (US).
> Great. Wow. Choose your centerpiece model now, while they;re still 2 for
> $100...

BW should learn that if they lower their prices, they will drastically
increase sales, they have to break free of this captive market strategy.
As a primitive example, in downtown Vancouver there are many places that
sell pizza by the slice for 99c, and they cannot sell them fast enough,
people are buying, not because they are hungry, but because it is so
cheap. If GW were to adopt a similar tactic, then they would be selling to
the dedicated gamers (Who would buy more and spend more, because hey, as
my friend says, miniature-crack cocaine, I see no difference), they would
also sell to the casual modeller or curious gamer, it also would not
alienate those dedicated gamers like myself who are thinking Warzone is
much better than GW games, mainly because it affordable....
Steve

--
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of