Re: [Epic] Dark colors vs Light colors

From: Matthew Sprange <altsain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 19:00:01 -0000

>I was asking my brother, the military history buff, about camouflage the
>other night and he told me something I hadn't heard of before. He said
>that vehicles with dark colors look smaller & farther away causing a
>tendency of the enemy to over shoot them, and that vehicles with lighter
>colors look larger & closer causing a tendency to shoot short of them.

Now, you should already know this - do people not wear black clothes in an
effort to make themselves slimmer? I was told this and did not really
believe it. Until, I painted a Commissar Leman Russ all black, and it
really does look a lot smaller than any other Russ.

I do like the idea of painting a lot of dark coloured infantry in 40k so my
opponent cannot judge the distance properly and never charges!