Re: [Epic] Digital Cameras Rule!

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:21:38 -0800 (PST)

> I think it would be neat to have a camera mounted on a tripod and take a
> picture after every move or shot. Then combine the pictures into an
> MPEG movie so you can watch the flow of the battle. I suppose that it
> wouldn't work out--a battle with a total of 12 detachments would have a
> move and a shot per turn (maybe an assault move), so a 6 turn game would
> only have 72 frames--not very long. You couldn't really see the models,
> either, just the detachments. But I think it would be neat. The memory
> wouldn't be so bad once it was compressed into an MPEG.

Assuming you have about 12 frames per second for a smooth animation
(minimum frame rate). If you took careful notes then after the battle is
dome, the movements could be recreated via stopmotion, it wouldbe fun and
take a long time, but probably would be worth it... Maybe divide each move
into 10 so there is almost a second of movement per phase, then the
shooting could be a second more, with time it would look really cool.
Steve

--
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of