Re: [Epic] Questions

From: <pentacle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 17:45:42 -0500

At 03:18 PM 3/23/98 -0500, you wrote:
> I have only started playing epic four months ago, and I love the game so
>far.
>I just started building an IG and a Nid army and need some help. I aquired
>some manticores but can not find the specs nor the value in the army book
>( Am I blind?) I was also wondering about where your inspiration comes
>from in naming your detachments and commanders.
>
>thanks,
>
>Fabio

I play Space Marines and derive a lot of the names for my commanders, and
units from Greek and Roman Myth. My army names are totally off the cuff
though. Currently the Jesters Angels are my group. But I have had the Rippa
Waaagggh, Shu'swa Craftworld, The Keepers of Mirth Harlequins, Detla III
Imperial Plantery Gaurd Regiment, and many others. A lot of personality is
added to the army through the names.

For Imperial guard I would use a lot of more modern Eupropean names., but
even that would be a matter of taste. Get a baby names book, and pick a
theme. Like all Germanic, or all Greek names. Then choose a name for the
whole army that fits in with the names of your commanders.

                Aerich Frodoson
        "It has come to the attension of management that people in general
         actually care. In view of this shift of opinion, we are going
         to do a better job of concealing what we are actually doing"