[Epic] Imperators

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 15:18:22 -0800 (PST)

I played a 4000 point meeting engagement yesterday, Chaos vs Imperial, in
my force I had an Imperator, I can say one thing; WOW, they kick ass, they
have a serious amount of kick ass potential. After some initial bad luck
when an orbital barrage dropped on my 10 piece artillery detachment, then
I did an astropath bombardment which was foiled again, and wiped out the
rest of my detachment, I made a huge comeback, one deathstrike took out a
warhound and a subjugator. The imperator was the centre of the show
though. I had some marines holding off his marines from attacking it, and
I had some 2baneblades and a shadowsword with a disrupt ordinatus holding
off the 25 daemons (steeds and flamers), while my imperator marched up
under the cover of a huge IG regiment (3 RR, 6tactical with 4commissars, 3
hellhounds, 10 sentinels, 2 gorgons, 1 hydra, 3SWB and the necessary
command with 3 chimeras) and just kicked the armoured core of his force
from beneath him, all 5 titans and 8 daemon engines fell prey to the
Titan. I did manage to miss with all 3 death rays one turn though.

I had another cool thought about dropping off and picking up infantry
though, why not lose 5cm for every stop the vehicle makes? That way it is
just an interpretation on the rules, Rhinos move 25cm and drop off both
stands iff they leave at the same place.

Also for Deathstrikes, I thought, how about a DR hit for everything under
the template, unless it hits a war engine, in which case it causes d6 AT
hits with one auto critical if the target has no shields, that way, the
relative toughness of WE is explored a little better.
Steve
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.
You may think you can fly, but you better not try it...