Re: [Epic] Gaming and Satan

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 17:59:19 -0700

Timothy J. Kilgore wrote:

> At 02:24 PM 3/23/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >At 11:51 PM 3/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >>We got a club going in the last couple of my high school years.
> >> Nonetheless, the Christian group basically hounded us at least once or
> >>twice a week. I glad that now I can play AD&D, Epic, & all the other fun
> >>stuff without persecution any more.
> >>Cyril Crocker
> >>Dragon Slayer
> >>robertcrocker_at_...
> >>http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arcade/5278/
> >>

> >That's funny. In my freshman year I had a club going, that had three games
> >a week. We played jut about everything, and our ranks included some of the
> >heads of the christian club were members of the club. (They all played
> >clerics, paladins, jedis,etc. though...UGH). The main problem we were
> >getting were from the young Republicans club, for wasting school resources
> >for a frivolous reason.
> >

> > Aerich Frodoson
> > "It has come to the attension of management that people in general
> > actually care. In view of this shift of opinion, we are going
> > to do a better job of concealing what we are actually doing"
> >

> I statred a gaming club at my high school my Senior Year of High School.
> Games Workshop even gave us the starter box of all the games, The more
> members we have show up the more games we would get. That how I got into
> epic. Unfortunatley, the only way we could get the Principal to agree to
> let us have this club on school property was to sighn a contract saying
> that there would never be any RPG's which really sucked. It didn't help
> the cause that two High Schooler's in my county had just "killed themselves
> due to a popular Role Playing Game, Duengeons and Dragons" It was all over
> the Head lines of News Papers it really sucked
>
> Timothy J. Kilgore
> tkilgore_at_...
>
> You know Aerosmith is getting old when they start writing songs about thier
> aching joint "Falling in Love (Is Hard on Your Knees)"

Figures; I always figure "Appalacia" was greek for "bored and depressed teens". no doubt
the kids had perfectly happy home lives until they started playing D&D...

I don't know if you got my earlier message, but I have friend a friend named Tracey
Kilgore from south western virginia; she graduated from college in 1992 and married a
Bledsoe; any relation?

Thane