Re: [Epic] Aircraft Interceptions

From: Scott Herring <sjherr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 20:15:05 -0600

Sean Smith wrote:

> I am justing wanting to confirm that my gaming group is
> conducting aircraft interceptions correctly.
>
> For example, if I have a squadron of three Maruaders on
> a ground attack mission, and my Eldar opponent intercepts
> them with a squadron of three Nightwings, and I in
> turn intercept his Nightwings with a squadron of three
> Thunderbolts, which of the following is the correct
> way to conduct the interception:
>
> (a) The Nightwings get to fire first (because they have the
> higher intercept value) at either the Thunderbolts
> or the Maruaders, the remaining Thunderbolts and Maruaders,
> which were not damaged or shoot down, can then all shoot
> back at the Nightwings. [This how my gaming group conducts
> interceptions]
> (b) The Nightwings get to fire first (because they have the
> higher intercept value) at the Thunderbolts, then any
> remaining Thunderbolts fire at the Nightwings. The
> remaining Nightwings can then fire at the Maruaders,
> then any remaining Maruaders get to fire back at the
> Nightwings.
>
> Allen could you please include this question in the next
> question and answer post to GW. Also can you ask GW if
> the Eldar Fire Prism destroys a aircraft on a 4+, as well
> as hits it on a 4+.
>

> ---
>
> Sean Smith
>
> Seans_at_...
>
> ---

 I would say initially that B is the correct answer. Looking at the
situation "logically", the ground attack with the Maruaders triggers the
action of the Nightwings which in turn triggers the Tbolts. You would
expect that the last action to be triggered would be the first to be
resolved. This idea is close to step 5 under Intercepting, the second
sentence. (This is the way we play)

 However, step 5 under Intercepting, the first sentence says that the
interceptors are to be removed. So going strictly by the rules A is the
correct answer.

Scott