[Epic] Aircraft Interceptions

From: Sean Smith <seans_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 12:55:19 +1300 (BST)

I am justing wanting to confirm that my gaming group is
conducting aircraft interceptions correctly.

For example, if I have a squadron of three Maruaders on
a ground attack mission, and my Eldar opponent intercepts
them with a squadron of three Nightwings, and I in
turn intercept his Nightwings with a squadron of three
Thunderbolts, which of the following is the correct
way to conduct the interception:

(a) The Nightwings get to fire first (because they have the
    higher intercept value) at either the Thunderbolts
    or the Maruaders, the remaining Thunderbolts and Maruaders,
    which were not damaged or shoot down, can then all shoot
    back at the Nightwings. [This how my gaming group conducts
    interceptions]
(b) The Nightwings get to fire first (because they have the
    higher intercept value) at the Thunderbolts, then any
    remaining Thunderbolts fire at the Nightwings. The
    remaining Nightwings can then fire at the Maruaders,
    then any remaining Maruaders get to fire back at the
    Nightwings.

Allen could you please include this question in the next
question and answer post to GW. Also can you ask GW if
the Eldar Fire Prism destroys a aircraft on a 4+, as well
as hits it on a 4+.

---
Sean Smith
Seans_at_...