Re: [Epic] GW Marketing... What they should do to drum up business

From: Doug Veal <dougv_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 16:48:26 +1000

>Now, some of the rumors I've heard on the warhammer newsgroup are near
>unbelievable, but if it _is_ true that Arnold Swarzenegger and Robin
>Williams play 40K, why doesn't GW get them to do a commercial or
>something? That's bound to get people (in America, at least) a little
>more tolerant of the "hobby", as well as drive sales up.

one reason...

cost

have you ever noticed that GW almost *never* advertise outside of WD? and
if they do it is usually in conjunction with some non-wargaming product. ie
an ad in a computer game mag along with a GW computer game...

Imagine how expensive it would be to get even one of these guys on an ad...

And even then they would end up being labelled as 'weird' for having done
the ad...

Doug Veal

dougv_at_...