Re: [Epic] GW Marketing... What they should do to drum up busi

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 16:57:42 +0000

On 24 Mar 98 at 16:48, Doug Veal wrote:

> >Now, some of the rumors I've heard on the warhammer newsgroup are near
> >unbelievable, but if it _is_ true that Arnold Swarzenegger and Robin
> >Williams play 40K, why doesn't GW get them to do a commercial or
> >something? That's bound to get people (in America, at least) a little
> >more tolerant of the "hobby", as well as drive sales up.
>
> one reason...
>
> cost

I don't know the cost may be a lot lower than returns and they may
well be able to persuade them to reduced fee if they feel the games
need promoting.
They certainly need to do something.
Must admit not sure how people will believe the actual
personalities anyway, ok if you saw Arnie sitting in front of
painting desk at home might certainly get people thinking but if did
advert most people would just think they would be paid to do it and
have no vested interest.

         *** M J COOK ***
AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum,
     Alberto Giovanni,Damien Black,Joshua,Dct Strank
     Peter Jones & some I can't remember!