[Epic] Subject:Titans

From: Keith Zanardi <xenofobe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 11:36:50 -0500 (EST)

>NEXT SUBJECT:TITANS (WELL YOU ASKED FOR IT!!)
>
>Several issues that have been mentioned in the past seem to be the big
>contentions:
>1-weapons should be paid for, therefore more powerful weapons combos
>should be worth more and thus worth more Vp's.
>2-titans are the powerful death machines of the games, bring back AT
>rules make it difficult for anything but a titan to destroy a titan in
>close combat
>3-What other ways to make titans truely stronger

>FIRE AWAY!!!!
>
>United we stand!
>Peter

  OK, as for weaons being paid for, I think that would be too hard. We would
have
     to cost out each weapon or weapon class? I really don't think we could come
    to some common ground on actually implementing this idea.

  As for making the titans tougher, that would be ok, but I think that this
can be
    addressed below.

  Make all Warlords 300pts, all Reavers 200pts, and all Warhounds
(individual titans)
  100pts each. I know it sounds low in price, but follow me here. Yes, the
story line
  said that they are rare, but the truth is that we ALL must do our share to
help
  GW's sales of model titans increase. So, if they are cheaper in our game,
then we will
  buy more of them to use in our battles. (I couldn't resist saying that!)
Seriously,
  If the titans are cheaper, then their survivability is assured. People
that don't
  like the idea of Beastmen or Trolls bringing down their prized titan will
have nothing
  to complain about. Hell, they will have 3 Warlords for the original cost
of one!

  There is always strength in numbers (at least that WAS true) but titans
are nothing
  more than a glorified tank. Warlords have 4 weapons. So what if it has 4
Volcano cannon?
  It still will fall just as easy as it did before! Those of us that have
many titans
  would be able to field "true" titan legions. There would be many more
"epic" battles.

  And for the Chaos players, the prices would be the same for their titans.
Excluding
  the Banelord. He should be say, 400pts. The LOB would be 200pts. The
Slaanesh scout
  titans would be 100pts each. And while I am here, ALL Chaos titans would
be allowed
  to have tails/other mutations IE: tenticles, etc. Giving them an extra +2
to the CAF.

  The Orks' Great Gargants would be 400pts Slashas 250pts, and Mekboy
Gargants, 150pts.

  Eldar Phantoms would be at 250pts Warlocks at 300pts and Revenants at
150pts each.

  The Imperator would be 1000pts and the Mega-Gargant (old useless) 600pts.
Also,
  these two models would be able to be armed with any of the weapons
available in
   the current lists. (Although I don't know who would want to change ANY of
the
   Imperators' weapons)

  These points costs SEEM low, but, I think after some more play testing,
you would
  all see that this system does in fact work. Titans drop like flies. Titans
are not
  cheesy, they just are misunderstood.

                                         Keith

  Ps Peter, when are we going to move this development discussion to the
EpiCentre?