Re: [Epic] Questions

From: Elaine P <elainepat_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 07:00:34 PST

Scott Shupe wrote:
<snip>
>> from the codexes for detachments. Orks, I use the name generator
table
>> in Waaargh the Orks.
>
> Could you post this? Or is it really huge? I generally
>have problems coming up with good Ork names.

The name generator is 2 charts with 40 names each. The book has 4 pages
devoted to the Ork language. I'll take a look at it & see what I can
do.

<snip>
>> I've just started collecting Tyranids & am naming
>> the detachments with female names from Greek literature.
>
> Too many classic literature professors in their diet?

Perhaps in mine. I've been doing research for a project involving
Mycenaean Greece. In both the Minoyan & Mycenaean civilizations women
enjoyed a level of equality that disappearred in the Greek Dark Age.
After the dark age, women are seen either as a weak sex, or as evil
creatures. Hesiod says that we were created by the gods to entrap &
punish men. ;-)
--Elaine