Re: [Epic] Disadvantages of Oz

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 09:10:53 -0800 (PST)

> >I've got a friend who grew up as a missionary kid in Zaire, and he was
> >chased by a lion (shot by father), a rhino (climbed a tree) and a hippo
> >(ok, not really that hard to outrun, but really scary at first).

Hippos have something like 1500 psi in the jaws, and are highly
territorial.

> I have been to Nigeria. Got chased by a snake, got whooped by three baboons
> over a bag of peppered rice, shot at by military police and lost at the
> Kano airport.

How did you manage to get chased by a snake?
I had coffee at Corfu airport once, I think that is scarier than anything
written here... It had lumps in it.

Steve

When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.
You may think you can fly, but you better not try it...