RE: [Epic] was Disadvantages of Oz & now completely off topic

From: Kelley, Kevin J., JCS <kevin.kelley_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 07:24:40 -0500

Mr Kigore wrote thusly,

> For those of you out of the states and know all of the
> great rights we have, they are null and void on a military base, they were
> nice enough to let one of them have one call

        Unfortunately, stories like this (my friend had a ....) grow in the
telling.... I suspect if we asked the Military Police there would be a
different story. Americans have the same rights on Federal Property (eg
military bases, the Pentagon, the Washington Monument, Grand Canyon Natl
park, etc) as anywhere else. These dont include the right to assault
(physically) uniformed officers of the law. There are several other items
in the description of events that sound far fetched.

        Since this list has an international audience I occaisionally
de-lurk