Re: [Epic] Aircraft Interceptions

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 19:54:31 -0700

Asmodean wrote:

> I heard Dirk Vormann scream:
> <snip question>
> > Correct way is a). I see no need to include this in the next Q&A.
> I am not sure about this, from my view, and that of those i have played
> with b seems to be the correct answer.
>
> An official answer would be nicer than a blunt reply(some of the best
> games i have played have involved something like 20 odd flyers running
> around, and the a) version would more or less ruin that)
>
> asmodean(capable of destroying threads in a single post)-------------------------
I agree that b) is the more interesting and realistic approach, but the
rules really do coincide with a). However, if the "brain trust" at GW
could be persuaded to care about Epic again, they may change their
minds in the face of a superior playing method. Hey, it's happened
already with WE's and blast markers affecting SHW's.

But I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'd play with your rules, as they are better, more fun and it's not like
your going to get confused at a national Epic Tournament or anything.

Thane