Re: [Epic] Re: New Chaos Infantry Sprue

From: Aaron <akkala_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 11:17:08 -0600

Dave Gentzler wrote:

> C'mon guys, we all KNOW why GW hasn't done anything with them. The game has
> tanked at the retail level, and GW ain't gonna throw any more money down the
> hole. As I've noted in the newsgroup, all remaining E40K models were to have
> been released by the end of March. March is about to expire, and you'll note
> that the only Epic releases in the last several months have been repackages
> of existing models (which have been cluttering up the warehouse anyway). I'm
> not bashing the game (I love the game and play every weekend), just pointing
> out the obvious.

If they were planning to release it in March, they had to have the molds
ready months ago. I cost them very little to sell it. If you've noticed
they only release so much stuff at a time and with Necrons (boo) and
Blood Bowl and Gorkamorka, Epic has been pushed aside.

I still think the E40K has done better than SM/Titan Legion both in
support from GW and in sales. (of course I don't know for sure)

        Aaron "Still Waiting for new Man O' War" Day