Re: [Epic] Ork 2000 pts

From: Jesse Thomas Oechsner <fade_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 09:12:42 -0600 (CST)

> In case you missed it, the old AH game "PanzerBlitz" had no op fire
> options at all. If you started in cover and ended in cover you could
> not be shot.Come to think about, execpt for snap fire, neither does
> E40K. REALLY need to think about op fire rules.

How about this:
In addition to the normal rules for overwatch, a detachment (when on
overwatch orders) may opt to fire in the movement phase instead. When an
enemy detachment is moving, declare that your overwatching detachment is
going to fire, then measure range, and roll your dice.
I havn't tried this yet, but I think that it would make sense for the
overwatching detachment not to re-roll misses as well as having barrage
type weapons use a firepower of 1 instead of placing a template and
counting the units under it. I figure it would be pretty difficult to draw
a bead on a moving target with such large weapons.

My group plans on using this rule in our next game.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, if using this rule, you would need to declare
overwatch before movement initiative is drawn. After flyier missions
perhaps?

What does everyone this of the above rules modification?
Jesse