Re: house rules (was Re: [Epic] General Enquiry)

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 13:17:12 -0500

Miller, Chris wrote:
> > Line of sight is determined by looking from the firer to the
> > target (or vice-versa). This is easily "common-sensed",
> > especially with detachment fire. Units do not block LOS.
> ------> Is this a change?

Official rule is that if you're higher than the intervening terrain, you
can see. I like eyeballing, so I don't like that rule.

> > Units just inside the edge of woods (and such) are in cover.
> > Units further inside the terrain or behind it are out of LOS.
> >
> ---------> It got to the point where we just defined a distance of ,say,
> 1" in was "edge", anything deeper was out of LOS but even then it can
> get weird.

We kinda let people decide whether they were intended to be on the edge
or not. If they aren't on the edge, they can't shoot out, either. If
your woods have a definite edge, you can call it pretty easily.

> > I'd also consider:
> > War Engines and Vehicles block LOS, not infantry.
> >
> --------> WE's I like, vehicles, well, it can work but you're going to
> end up nitpicking which elements of a detachment are blocking other
> elements from firing.

Probably so.

andy

--