Re: [Epic] Ordinati (was: house rules)

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 23:38:41 +1000

Scott Shupe wrote:

> I think some people's perception of the various
> Ordinati is a holdover from 2nd edition, where they were
> fairly disgusting (especially the missile one - Golgotha?).

For disgusting, read Grade A Velveeta.

> In E40k, they look like they might be more balanced

I agree. In E40K they're far less gross, and 200 pts is not
unreasonable (especially if Deathstrikes/Vortexes become
AT rather than DR shots).

> Also, in the original fluff they were painted as
> being either VERY rare or unique, so facing off against
> them on a consistent basis may bother some folks, never
> mind facing more than a single Ordinatus in the same army.

Yes, this rather bothers me too. One is OK, but 2+ is most
"unfluffy". Still, the Fluff Has Changed. They're no longer
Rulers of the battlefield, capable of winning the war on a
planet (as, forex, the Armageddon did). Instead, good (though
unique) designs were copied.

There is also one over-riding consideration. The Models looked
very, very good indeed. It would be a shame to restrict them.
Therefore, even though it rubs me the wrong way to see even one
except in a special scenario, I must reluctantly approve
unrestricted use.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo