Re: house rules (was Re: [Epic] General Enquiry)

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 02:43:00 +1000

Mike Looney - ionet wrote:

> Ah, Alan that reminds me. In your "flavour" rules for Orks (of which
> E41K is based in the main) did you mean for Bad Moons to be all Nobz and
> Shooty boys? I noticed that when I was looking over the stuff earlier
> this week and thought I had a transcription error, so I went and checked
> your original work, and it's there also.

I meant it.
Reasoning as follows:
Bad Moonz, having lots of teef etc are known for having the MOST shooty
devices known to -er- Ork. So much so that in SM2 they got a -2 on the
save mod, something few other infantry got. A comparable save mod
(though not range), to Imperial Heavy Weapons (Devastator Marines, Heavy
IG etc).

So, and in order to keep the full fluff flavour, I thought that they'd
be best represented by _THE SAME STATS AS_ Shooty Boyz (without
neccessarily being with larger than normal weapons). Note that they
cost 17 pts for 2 firepower, vs 14 for 2 FP from one of the Big Gunz...
But heck, they're the most rich Ork Clan around, Cost Is No Matter!

For that matter, Goffs should have more Nobz, and many/most/all of the
rest should be Skarboyz.

And while we're at it, Snakebites should be Nobz, Boarboyz and Skarboyz
( primitive short ranged weaponry dominates, but they have the
Traditional Orky love of Headbuts and Krak grenades...). Their "shooty
boyz" have the same stats as normal boyz, they just have wickedly huge
long-ranged clockwork crossbows instead of bolters.

> > > IG armies with no normal infantry,
> >
> > I can _just_ imagine an all-tank force. Depends on the size of the
> > game.
> >

> You know you could do the early parts of the Sinai battles of the '73
> Arab / Israeli war that way.

Oh yes, pre-Chinese Farm. Actually, I was thinking more along the lines
of some of the battles I've seen in "Horus Heresy", "Armageddon" and
"Chaos Attack".

> Point of order: In E30K they are not CSM they are Traitor Marines.
> They turn into CSM after they lose and flee into the eye of terror.

Another point of Order, Mr Speaker: In the Eye of Chaos time is mutable,
so Marines can fight in the 30th millenium as Traitors, go through
10,000 years of increasing corruption, and turn up in the 30th millenium
as their own allies. Sometimes all in a single afternoon, by their own
reckoning.

Actually, I just use my 50/50 mixed normal/chaos marines as Chaos in any
event. Just cos I like variety, and to stretch out the
rare-and-expensive CSMs.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo