Re: [Epic] house rules (was Re: General Enquiry)

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 11:22:19 +1000

Miller, Chris wrote:
> > I am especially forgiving in
> > this, the E40k era, where the books that come with the game
> > give you no good conception of the background with which to
> > base such descisions on.
> --------> Yeah, the fluff factor is pretty low in them. I think we all
> wished for less fluff in many GW products, but I think we were expecting
> something like rules to replace it, not to just have a shorter book at
> the same price.

I for one wasn't looking for less fluff, but that's no matter.

What would be really good - along with the Jane's Fission Chips project
(The Obeservers Book of E40K units) is a Book 4 for E40K. This should
have all the fluff - including the contradictory stuff - that's appeared
over the years about the WH40K background.

> > > ---------> They printed that army list at the front of the book as
> > > "Imperials".
> >
> > This isn't a fluff-breaker. There are plenty of
> > un-aligned Chaos Legions that won't neccessarily have
> > daemons.
> >
> -------> OK, so if your chaos force is all marines and imperial
> equipment with no daemons or engines, where does the flavor come in? A
> different color paint job?

You could say the same for any SM army. I personally like the Night
Lords,
or for that matter the original Heresy-Era Death Guard. Maybe the
flavour
comes from using all Heresy-era equipment, old Land Raiders, old
Whirlwinds,
old Dreadnaughts, along with the more Corrupted versions, things like
that.

Example: as Chaos Artillery, use old, old OLD Manticores. The ones with
the
barbed tail at the back. For Slaanesh War Engines, use at least some of
the old old OLD Knights. The ones that look like wingless vultures on
stilts,
or the ones that look like Woodlice with legs, those ones, not this
TL-era
stuff.

> ---------> It's not "cheezy" in the usual sense where we mean
> exploring/exploiting the limits of the rules & point values, it's just
> "out of character".

OOC for mainstream Chaos, yes. But no more so than, say, an Imperial
Guard army with mainly infantry and artillery forces.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo