[Epic] How to serve genestealers

From: <pentacle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 22:57:53 -0500

>> So what do you think in 2000 points what can I do to do the damage required
>> and still survive against a bigger, badder Swarm. I realize that Sauron and
>> Thane are probably cackling at the idea of the Jesters dipped in BarBQue
>> sauce slowly rosting of the burning hulk of a landraiders, but any ideas
>> would be aprreciated.
>>

>Mmmmmmmmm... Tank Roasted Barbequed Jesters..
>
>I have no idea if this will work, but I'll throw it out anyway.
>
>My biggest concern about this tactic is the affect of BM's on the skirmish
units.
>Playing by normal rules, it is quite possible that a skirmishing unit
could cost you 10
>or 15 morale when it is anighilated by a swarm (though its actual value
would only be a
>2 point loss),as they will likely take fire from 3 or 4 swarms per turn
they are on
>point, plus getting stomped at CC. I can't tell from your descrption if
you are uning
>morale for this battle; if not, I can't see much of a downside.

The moral question is mute as this is a mission based scenario, but with
all those BM's these skirmish troops will be eaten up pretty quick.

>I think rough riders would make good skirmish units, though maybe
switching to the more
>heavily armorerd hellhounds might be more effective. Even the demolisher
might be
>acceptable, though you'd probably want to start it moving early in the game.
>
>Maybe: 5 hell hounds + 1 hellhound command. 97 points. If you assault with
them, use
>one to engage and the rest to support
>
>6 rough riders + 1 rough rider command - less durable, but could use
terrain better.

>Thane

The good news is that this force looks pretty good, but the bad news is I
play a Space Marine only army. How about a few small Ravenwing detats as
skirmishers, maybe backed up with Vindicators? Main FP forces will be easy
to design with Marines, and I think I will put 1st company Deathwings right
up front to blunt the first few detats to get through the Ravenwings. To
continue the metaphor of my chapters name, the Jesters juggling balls in
the form of bikes etc. flying before their eyes and drawing them into the
Jesters Sceptre (a.k.a. first company).

For backup a detat of whirlwinds and landraiders to lay down withering fire
as the stealers are dealing with the Ravenwing skirmishers. Paints a pretty
picture that. Stealers chasig after bikes and landspeeders, then suddenyly
they get chewed from the side by AT and barrage fire (muahahaha)! Now all I
have to do is bring it all together to create a defence against the
bio-titans (I think he wil be using only two, but with that bonus 700
points 3 is not out of the question)

                President SNTN
                Aerich Frodoson

        We the members of Say No To Nids, have determines that for the sake
        of unsupspecting Terminators, Imperial Guard Cavalry, Exarcts, and Mekboy
        Warwagonz, that the continuation of the playing of these atrocities is
        against the best interest of our armies.