Re: house rules (was Re: [Epic] General Enquiry)

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 22:51:42 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, mlooney - IOnet wrote:

> > an all tank slug fest would be fun, in a 1941 western desert kind of way.
> > leave the inf. at home, and let the tanks roll.
>
> Ah, 1941 Western desert was NOT a all tank sort of thing.
>
> There was, even in the worst days of the British Armor Division "All
> Tank" era, at least one brigade of infinity in the divisions, and of
> course there were several normal infantry division in the theater. Not
> to mentions artillery and ATG units.

All very true. I was kind of thinking about those British attacks like
Operation Crusader, where the new cruiser tanks rushed in against the
German prepared positions, finding the 88s and other AT firezones. Of
course, the germans learned about attacks like that going into Tobruk.
In the heat of the attack the lead units would lose contact with their
supporting inf, and attacked anyway-- the all tank slugfest i mentioned.

> Not to mention the billions of Italian infantry, who in the early wars
> main job was to be captured.

Not being mechanized in the desert would suck. If I was cut off and was
leg Inf-- I would surrender too, esp. if you had the stunning italian
leadership to guide you.

> To bring this on topic, have you noticed that there is no way to reflect
> BAD units in Epic 40K, aside from just automatically tossing some blast
> markers on them.

Too bad there isn't something like a madboyz chart to roll on, to see
how the unit would screwup orders each turn, like:
1.Do nothing- ignore orders.
2.Do last turns orders instead.
3.Advance
4.Retreat
5,6 Do as ordered.

the BM idea is a simple way to do it though.

**

mike
**