Re: [Epic] Net Epic: Charging titans.

From: Tony Christney <acc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 15:01:24 -0800

>> From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>

>>strongly
>>

>> Why?
>>
>> How will this make Net Epic a better game?
>>
>> Titans are Titans and super heavies are super heavies.
>>
>> If you want a titan, get a titan. If you want a SHV, get a SHV.
>>
>> Anyone who thinks that the models are represented to scale should try
>> squeezing 30 space marines into a thunder hawk... Just because Knights are
>> the same size as a warhound titan doesn't make the Knights titans and
>> neither does it make any of the super heavies mentioned below...
>
>I think that this is exactly why Michael made his suggestion. The
>models representing a Collossus etc. are much smaller than they would be
>if they were to scale. These superheavies are (supposed to be) so much
>larger than
>the other superheavies that they should be distinguished from them by
>classing them as Titans.
>This is particularly important regarding the discussion of moral
>checks for charging CERTAIN superheavies and titans, as it puts all
>the vehicals requiring checks into one category.
>
>Does this sound reasonable?
>
>Colin P
>9404237p_at_...
How about adding in a new size class so that it would read:
infantry/vehicles
heavy tanks/knights
Super heavy vehicles/titans/gargantz

Vehicles that would be heavy tanks would be things like the Baneblade
and Tempest, whereas things like the Plague Tower, Collossi, Leviathan,
and Skullhamma would be super heavy vehicles.

Tony Christney
acc_at_...